Your pet is an important part of your family. So it only makes sense that you want to take care of them just as you would your children, spouse, or other members of your household. Just as you should have a first aid kit for the people you live with, you should also have one that’s strictly for your pets. The York veterinarians at Clover Vet have put together a list of the things you should have on hand in case your furry pals need emergency medical care:
- Veterinary services contact list – Keep the contact information of your veterinarian as well as a 24/7 emergency animal hospital. If it’s a true veterinary emergency, these are the first people you need to talk to.
- Blanket – Keep a clean blanket for your pet in case that you have to pick up and carry them or wrap them up. A blanket can also provide a sense of comfort for your canine or feline friend.
- Gauze pads – These will help stop the bleeding for external injuries like minor cuts and scrapes. However, if the injury is bleeding severely, you need to take your pet to a veterinarian right away.
- Antiseptic wipes – Just like for humans, antiseptic wipes are the best way to disinfect wounds.
- Blunt-ended scissors – These are needed to cut bandages after they’ve been wrapped around an injury. The blunt ends guarantee that they’re safe for your pet and other members of your household.
- Tweezers – Tweezers are often the best way to remove ticks and splinters.
If your pet has suffered serious injuries or a minor one that you’re not sure how to treat, call Clover Vet immediately. As York veterinarians serving Lake Wylie and all surrounding areas, we want to make sure your pet gets the best care possible. Our veterinary services are thorough and compassionate. Let us help your pet today!